Thread: Wreckage Repair

So I totally bit it in some twisties. I made the mistake of getting comfortable too fast after a suspension tweek. Seems the rear lost conact after a bump while going through a 90*. When I overcorrected, it nosed into the ditch at a slight angle.
    I haven't yet gotten a good look at the bike. One thing I am certain of, is the cast aluminum electrical housing that cradles tach and speedo is broke off it's mounts. I know this may be tigged, but wanted to find a new component if the original comes back like a jigsaw puzzle. Not yet sure of additional damage.
    Short side of it, my `08 xb12x is busted, I'm not too bad considering the bike, and it's my 30th B-day....bums.:(

I have busted the two cast halves that hold the electrical, lights, horn, guages and ignition before. Thankfully, they are not too expensive. With it being the 08(like mine) I was able to order the newer color and get away from the ugly beige/gold/WTF ever color that is that is also on the Primary cover. Looks really nice.

try pinwall cycle on ebay stores they have lots of buell used parts, buellsterparts.com also has used buell parts.

Thanks for that tip, Native. Pinwall currently has a keyset off a `06 Uly. I did see this component snapped in half after I picked the bike up. It looks identical, perhaps if someone knows they can post, please. As for myself, going on a retrieval mission now. Hopefully more mud than scuff.

check with the HD dealer for prices before you buy from buellsterparts.com I was going to buy a used headlight from them only to find that a NEW headlight was $20 cheaper