Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a little something to say about reliability.

I've had issues, but she's been crashed, stolen, and run hard. I also like to work on her. As far as reliability, we're both still kicking.

if it werent for this site i would still be stuck on a bike that overheats every 10 miles.. reading countless posts of folks bitching about their problems and eventual fixes saved me tons from the stealership, gave me tons of knowledge about my bike and helped me understand my bikes personality better.. and further more gave me a wicked repect for the actual simplicity of these bikes.. they are not just another rice burner or pasta rocket and far from a hairy davidson. i take alot of pride in knowing that if something does break, i can do it myself. im HAPPY to say that i bought a buell that unfortunatly did have problems ( alot of them! from the PO as is most always the case, HUMAN error) but with some patience, some beer, and alot of THIS FORUM, i have a beast of a bike like no other. and am so impressed by them i am looking into adding to the family with an XT and who knows! the Girl Friend has been wanting something, maybe a blast (or this sweet tuber ive been watching!)

I was just thinking the same thing on my way to work this morning. It was below freezing...super cold, but I couldn't have been happier to be on my bike! It just turned 45,500 miles, sure its had a couple hiccups. All I can say is when I ride it I can forget about anything going on in my life. So far I've commuted on it everyday this year and I'm hoping I can keep going( Icy roads permitting).

My buddy has 3 bikes, a 1098r duc, an R1, and an hp4 competition. None f them work..the duc blew up with 5000 miles on it, the R1 quit charging, and the BMW was spewing oil ( he just got the BMW fixed ). None of his bikes suck...I mean come on...I'd take em! But none of them are over 10,000 miles either. At the end of the day any bike can break but at least I can rip on him and rub in the 45,000 miles:D

I totally agree with you guys even on the 1125 side. I mean personally iv never thought the xb to be unreliable. I believe they are more reliable then mine for sure! But iv owned 3 1125s. And iv never had more then one kind of big issue with any of them. I mean **** I guess really anyone who's reads around this forum could of told me I was going to have them. I knew I was going to. With my 08 it was my clutch cylinder. Pretty easy fix. Then my last cr my stator went out and **** if I had all the parts. I think it would take me 2 hours to totally uninstall the bad stator and replace the stator and rotor with new ebr and ricks stator. And though in an oil filter and I'd have two jobs done. But now with this third bike. Iv had zero and I know the previous owner was an awesome owner. Already didn't the rotor to ebr. And I'm not worried about it breaking down anytime soon at all!
    And other then those two problems that's the only problems iv ever had. I love my buells! And I can't wait to own more of them! Haha

Never had a problem with my 09 Bolt. Yes she is alittle "quirky" compared to most bikes on the market but that is one of Buells charms. If I want problems I ride my Royal Enfield(but I still love it also). I am addicted to this site more for items about modifications. I can never leave my bikes completely stock. Its a sickness. If the basic design of an engine is from 1957, I think they would get most things right. Plus now we own "collector bikes"(**** Barrett Jackson).

03, 46k no problems

05 XB9R - I've only had to replace my voltage regulator in 10k.

My cr has been totally reliable even though I rape the $hit out of her every time I'm on her. 23k and rocking.
    My poor poor badly abused xb12s only has 14k but has been mauled on several occasions by my girlfriend who has endo'd into mountains, run into parked trucks and lowsided regularly. Only issue other than smashed bits was when she mistakenly filled it with water instead of gas. Buells f'n rule, period. I do have to say though, please forgive me, my vrod is the best all around bike I've ever been on and is absolutely bullet proof with over 30k and zero issues.

mistakenly filled it with water instead of gas
    How do you fill it with water instead of gas?

'03 9S originally with 2500 miles....now 64k+ minor issues over the past 7 years, still running the original belt, knock on wood;)

replaced:

cooling fan
    IAT sensor
    idler pulley
    shift forks

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast