Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New tires

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    You mentioned Q3's seem like "overkill" I'm assuming you must not ride hard on the street, if that's the case then I truly applaud you. Seriously, the street is not the place for it!!!!! If you tend to push it sometimes on a back road then the word "overkill" is just plain stupid. Buy junk tires and push the envelope and let me know how the wire brush in the emergency room feels! I will be running Q4's on the track this upcoming season, why? They get up to race temperature within 3 corners, without warmers! I feel as though the Conti sport attacks are the best priced Hypersport tire money can buy for a sport oriented street machine that sometimes gets "pushed". Like everyone else said, we all have our favorite brands. Only you know what's right for you. Hope this helps.....edit: apologies, someone else said overkill.
    I don't think I ride all that hard. Front does come off the ground and so does the back, but not all that often. If weather permits, I'll ride to work which is about 35 miles one way, so it would be nice not to square off the back in 2 month worth of riding.
    I would really like to try Q3+, but don't want to have to change out the back tire by mid July. Between two bikes, I have put on 5,000 miles on my Buell last season.

Ok.....you don't ride hard but your rear comes off the tarmac???????? Stoppies? If you hammering on the front brakes that hard that you lift your rear tire than your riding like an assho!e on the street in my book! But then again I'm old. I think the "leg dangle" during track days is stupid! Especially in any group outside of BLACK, to be honest I think the "leg dangle" is stupid anywhere !20180609_093107.jpg I took that pic of some clown in white group on a fully prepared Ducati if im not mistaken. He probably towed it to the track behind a Porsche suv. Happens all the time, it's cool, they are usually gone never to return after one track day. Then off to Craigslist to sell all their high priced gear at a massive discount! Score for the rest of us....lol
    Last edited by wickedchop; 03-03-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cossack84 View Post
    There are Pilot Road 4 and Road 5 out.
    The point is, your post, just like my google search, is full of dated information.
    Pilot Power 3 is a sport tire. Pilot Road 4 is a road tire. Both tires have been around for a few years now. You are lacking some basic knowledge of motorcyle tires. This thread is going nowhere fast.

Greg, it's a tire thread lol. We knew this was gonna happen. Let's talk about oil or batteries to make this go away.

Greg, it's a tire thread lol. We knew this was gonna happen. Let's talk about oil or batteries to make this go away.
    I was thinking more along the lines of synthetic Dot 4 or non-synthetic Dot 4....

Truth

Tire thread, I might as well put my 2 cents in, I have pilot road trail 4's on the Triumph, I have only about 2K on them but they still look like new, I would say right now it's probably about 95% black top, they also really handle very good in the rain.

Angels worked well for me on the uly... wet or dry. The shinkos on the wife's scooter are good too though and that puppy really gets pushed to the limit!

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    WuTangClan Street Dominators. all the wet&dry grip you'll ever need.

Attachment 11256
    LUNA,,,, Chinese Garbage ???? Really ??? ....Just messin with ya,, I have Shinko's on mine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast