Page 164 of 186 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Yesterday was a fun day with my son's XB9XS! Changed the rear tire out to a Shinko 009 Raven. Then swapped out the stock turn signals for running LED's (with a new EP36 flasher relay). Next was new ProTaper grips. Then mounted new bar end mirrors. Looking sweet! In the next few weeks I'm going to put on a new drive belt, then I'm going to figure out what to do about the pitiful front headlights. In Tucson it is dark (no street lights) and the stocks are going to cut it. Been reading a few threads, but they are all pretty old.

Got my ECM programmed for my newly acquired race muffler yesterday and started getting it ready to paint. Took a wheel to it. Lots of rust and crap on it, but not too dented up.
    IMG_2801-1.jpg

Finished painting my newly acquired Race Muffler!

IMG_2814.jpg

Did you use anything special to paint it and which bike is it going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Did you use anything special to paint it and which bike is it going on ?
    It's going on the Uly. What I did was scrape off all the rust I could get with a wire brush. Then took a metal wire wheel on a drill to get the deep rust all the way down to the bare metal. I pretty much hit the whole muffler with the wheel. Then I used Naval Jelly rust dissolver over any spots that had the deep rust, sprayed that off with water. Then I used Purple Power degreaser scrubbing it really good with Scotch Bright, that stuff worked really well, sprayed that off with water and did it again. After it dried off I rubbed the whole muffler down with rubbing alcohol. I then primed the muffler with two coats of VHT primer, then 3 coats of Rust-oleum High Heat paint followed by 2 coats of Rust-oleum Ultra High Heat just to make it shine. I still need to cure it on the bike according to the instructions on the can.

Muffler looks good. I always do stuff like you just did, then I realize that after the cost of paint and other materials and my labor that I could've just dropped it off for ceramic coating for probably less...lol. Nothing like doing it yourself though, makes ya feel good!

Yea do it yourself, Good feeling . I got screwed on this tire. Just put a new on and balanced it again.

IMG_0223.jpg Angel01.jpg

New Ebay airbox decals20190324_140254.jpg

^^^ looking Good !

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Muffler looks good. I always do stuff like you just did, then I realize that after the cost of paint and other materials and my labor that I could've just dropped it off for ceramic coating for probably less...lol. Nothing like doing it yourself though, makes ya feel good!
    Definitely better feeling to do it by myself. Probably spent 35-40 bucks on paint and cleansers.
    Nice decal BB. Really looks nice with your wheels.
    SR, did the tire blow on you while riding?