Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 08 xb12scg Stator magnets

Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-08-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob View Post
    A well worn silver dime was just about right for a 4 cylinder ford model A or my '31 Chevvy. Ask a millennial what ignition points are...
    Hell, ask a millennial what a silver dime is!!

I was shocked the first time I met some one that has never driven a carburetor.

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
    I was shocked the first time I met some one that has never driven a carburetor.
    Or how about the opposite... I knew an older guy who used to still pump the gas a few times before starting his late model EFI truck.

I tried to explain how why that doesnt work on fuel injection, but it was like talking to a wall. I dont think he really knew what pumping the gas actually did.

Lunatic fringe thank you. It just seemed like a good way to check. Now it appears that I have to get a new voltage regulator...lol. Can you tell me if its better to go oem or aftermarket?

Oem

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bannon325 View Post
    Lunatic fringe thank you. It just seemed like a good way to check. Now it appears that I have to get a new voltage regulator...lol. Can you tell me if its better to go oem or aftermarket?
    you're quite welcome. was going to provide you with a simple charging system test...simple voltage regulator(VR) test....a reminder to check/replace the 30amp BATTERY fuse which controls the charging system.....and some replacement options....but appears cooter has it covered. he's much more knowledgeable about these buells than i am so you're in good hands.

Thanks Cooter that's what I figured.

Fuses are all good and working. Vr is supplying 11v after it gets hot. It charges accurately for about 10 minutes and then hits the 11v range. I bought a vr off of Skyler Croy who is parting out his 09 xb scg. He's a member of buellxb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12