Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exhaust Help/Question

Quote Originally Posted by ocgreenmachine View Post
    You will want to double check to see if your front mounting bracket has not broken the weld at the elbow. Mine broke there (very thin weld and poor design) and I've been told it is a common issue.
    This is very true. Mine cracked around 20k. I got a lucky hook up from a fab shop. They cleaned up the old weld and reworked a tig welded repair, FOR FREE! Bracket has been rock solid ever since!

It's also common for the chin fairing brackets from Jardine to crack. I had mine rewelded once but after it broke the second time I just run my ugly mutant with out it. If your bracket is cracked I recommend putting small triangular gussets in to reinforce the welds. Same tig shop that repairs the elbow(if it's cracked) should be able to make that happen.
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 09-20-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks for the advice. I have a local Jeep job that does some custom work which I am sure wouldnt mind throwing some weld's on things if needed. They like to fab custom things with their water jet cutter, so, maybe an option here for them to do something different if it comes down to it. If I have to wind up spending considerable time and money on this one part, I may buy all new brackets and all new can. Just would like to repair something if possible, if anything, to learn and say I did it

If you decide to repack and rebuild the can I highly suggest watching some YouTube videos. There are hundreds of "how to" videos for dirt bike exhaust rebuilds, pretty much the same thing you'll have to do.
    Another rebuild tip, use the packing that comes in a sheet/blanket and wrap the core as tight as you can. For longevity you want that core packed tight and the core/packing combo fitting as tight as possible back in the pipe.
    GOOD LUCK

Oh I've watched at least half a dozen already

Just remembered I have a can of mineral spirits, might try that straight up rubbed on the can and see what happens

Mineral spirits contains oils, not re paint friendly. Laquer thinner son......

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Mineral spirits contains oils, not re paint friendly. Laquer thinner son......
    Always learning

Is that clamp up for grans still if so does it fit jardine?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123