Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twinmotorcycles Oberon intake Flange

Twinmotorcycles Oberon intake Flange

Anyone have any reviews for these.

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh..._Intake_Flange

I believe that price is in pounds also, it says these new intake flanges will leak, LESS ?
    The last update was on 2/14 and, there was never a long term review ?
    It took them two years to manufacture and finally ship them ?
    My Ully has around 14000 miles on it and still no intake problems, they're shooting for the new and improved version to last less than 5000 miles ?
    Any answers are going to be interesting.

Didnt that guy who was banned from here have those? Or maybe he made his own version?

What was his name? Coffee filter?

Yea I agree I don't know how it's an upgrade if it's only.good for up to 5k miles. I'm just tempted by the ease of installation and not having to hassle with lining up seals without dropping the motor

It probably works great and I'm sure there are some situations where there is a manifold that isn't sealing against the head properly. However, the stock setup has been in use for years, and gawd knows how many bikes that are still running strong. I don't feel the stock setup is the most robust one out there, but the stock (and aftermarket) seals are cheap and easy to find.

The only real downfall to the stock setup is the lack of access to replace them on an XB. Compared to a tuber (or a Sportster), they are a PITA to replace. However, for the price of that kit, you could purchase a set of appropriate tools to make the job much much easier.

It is nice that there is another option out there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by madisonm55 View Post
    Yea I agree I don't know how it's an upgrade if it's only.good for up to 5k miles. I'm just tempted by the ease of installation and not having to hassle with lining up seals without dropping the motor
    You shouldnt need to rotate the motor, but it does make it a lot easier. I wound up making a custom set of "shorty" tools that should make it substantially easier the next time (without rotating).

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Didnt that guy who was banned from here have those? Or maybe he made his own version?

What was his name? Coffee filter?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    TeaBag
    TPEHAK [He uses this name on Bad Weather Bikers]
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

I have an 03 they wouldnt do any good

Oh Iv been prepared as I currently have to replace a base gasket on my X1 as well. I went ahead and got a special intake bolt wrench and will probably replace the tps for good measure while I'm in there. Have about 14k on the bike and it' sat garage kept for about 5 years. Iv slowly been upgrading/updating everything as it's been off the road.

I got a set of those for my 2004. They did not work with stock intake, would not fit. Bought a used 2007 intake and they would fit the bike but still would leak air. You might have better luck then I did, but be prepared to put some time into making them work and results might not be positive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast