Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buell xb12r code 21 - after market exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    loading a performance fuel map, let me suggest ECMDroid for you.
    Cooter, so where exactly are all these .xpr files hiding that work with ECMDriod? I've yet to see any in the wild...

I get the maps (including BUE2D for DDFI3 '08-up bikes) from Buelltooth.com. It's not the biggest database, but they usually have what I need.
    Doesn't Buellmods.com have some too?

Here is the list of all XB ECM's

BUECB XB9 - model year 2003
    BUEGB XB - model year 2004
    BUEIB XB - model years 2005-2007
    B2RIB XB - model years 2005-2007 (Factory Race ECM)
    BUEIC XB - model years 2005-2007 (Japan only)
    BUEOD XB - model years 2008 and later
    BUEWD XB, 1125 - model years 2008 and later
    BUEYD XB, 1125 - model years 2008 and later
    BUEZD XB, 1125 - model years 2008 and later
    BUE1D XB, 1125 - model years 2008 and later
    B3R1D XB, 1125 - model years 2008 and later (EBR Race ECM)
    BUE2D XB, 1125 - model years 2008 and later
    BUE3D XB, 1125 - model years 2008 and later
    B3R3D XB, 1125 - model years 2008 and later (EBR Race ECM)

Of all those, buelltooth only offers a comparable map for BUE2D and BUEGB. Buellmods files are all .txt format. OP has an 07 so BUEIB ECM, no .xpr files available.

I was just genuinely curious if you had access to more files as I can't find them and the "hot new thing" is a bluetooth dongle/ECMDriod, which will leave all but owners of 2 ECM types screwed if they thought they were going to be able to flash a map... (which i'm dealing with helping a fellow forum member with right now)

I have found a way to make compatible .xpr files but can only do so for BUEIB model ECM's because it involves using the bike and that is the ECU I have (involves much more than that). The ones that are profiting off of these dongles should really take the time to put together a database for ALL ECM's or not promote that this is one of the capabilities one could do once they buy said dongle.

In theory I could do all DDFI2 EEPROM files in the .xpr format but I'm not going to risk my ECM to try it!

Sorry if this feels like a rant toward you, it is not I promise. You just promoted the use of ECMDroid so seemed like you may have the answers I need, and Cole won't write back to my questions.
    Last edited by lowkey; 05-07-2017 at 08:36 PM.

No worries Lowkey I certainly didn't take it as a rant But I do like a good rant now and again! (Guilty)
    I have nothing to do with that company. I find it a very helpful resource and pretty complete in offering most all of the open source Buell stuff in one location. Same reason I send people to Buellmods.com, twinmotorcycles.com, and now sphdonline.com()...
    IMHO, Since their only business is selling the Buelltooth dongles, (And I really don't know how much they are "profiting" at $45 each for a niche motorcycle part), I think they just need to sell a product that works and their business is done. I don't believe the dongles capability of changing fuel maps means they need to have every single firmware map available on their site? It's just a communication device. Everything else on there is free... I like free! I'm just telling people where to get what they asked for. You don't need to buy a dongle.

Seriously, in the just the last week(!!) the 'Mr 2 post' people have asked for how-to vids:
    ​Buell Tuning Guide V2.0
    ​ECMspy Tuning Guide V1.6 by Steve Turnbull.
    TunerPro RT Instruction Manual for Buell Motorcycles by Jared Zuech

Downloads:
    EcmDroid
    EcmSpy
    TunerPro RT
    Megalogviewer
    XPR Fuel and Timing Maps Extractor
    XDF Definition Files for TunerPro
    ADX Definition Files for TunerPro

Manuals (Buellmods has more), ASB exhaust shootouts, and lots of pre-existing tunes for common exhaust options too. I highly doubt that Buelltooth.com does any dyno or build fuel maps from scratch, I know Dean does that and I send people his way for legit "tuning". "Tuning" gets thrown around incorrectly way too much but thats a whole other topic for people who should get paid for a very valuable skill and time investment. You don't need one of those if you buy a Jardine, it's been done before, 15 years ago...in a galaxy far...far...away...

What I would really like to see is the firmware change to get to open-source (that guy got quiet), so the older versions could be upgraded to BUE2D (at least) without the nightmare I just went through at H-D Lots of those firmwares were "glitchy" (Ahem... AFV values...) hence the superseding to BUE2D.

If you can't find the BUEID fuel map you want, you could have H-D change the firmware to BUE2D. Or ask the sources that have other maps (like Buelltooth)? I've never asked before but maybe they have the capability to change it? or a map they haven't linked too yet? Dunno, but worth an ask....

As far as ECMDroid, I tell the new kids it's better for them because it is MUCH easier to use, the safeties are in place to stop them from installing the wrong firmware tune (TunerPro and ECMSpy don't have that) and because even diagnosis and datalogging are easier to do wirelessly to your phone or tablet vs. a laptop and cable in your backpack. Theres less options to adjust, but that's less to mess up too!

All these are opinions. YMMV.
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-08-2017 at 12:08 AM.

So, what I think I was able to understand out of all that great information from both of you was that, for my 07 12ss I need something called a bue1b, and for the 08 ully, I need a ????????, I don't know ! But I do already have a droid device. So yes, I'm one of those that need a to be spoon fed, sorry, my excuse is zero, I'm old !

Cooter, so we don't further derail this thread for the poor OP I have moved our discussion to a new thread here - http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...519#post586519

Wow, so touchy, was it something I said ? please don't use the term derail, when it comes to me. I'm just kidding ! I understand that you don't want to deal with the ignorant, it's too much to teach and for some, too much to learn, I'll do my best to try and stay out of it, I promise !

My neighbor is a computer whiz, he's educanating me.

I get the 'loco' now! haha Both lowkey and I answered you then kept rambling amongst ourselves, sorry.

Cooter: "Code 21 is indeed for the interactive exhaust. The CEL is coming on because you don't have the valve on your Jardine. You can use ECMSpy to have the ECM "ignore" that code and no longer set the CEL. I specifically don't know step-by-step, because I am fluent in ECMDroid, but I assure you it is in the INSTRUCTIONS for how to use ECMSpy.

You can do the same thing with ECMDroid (it's free), and it's pretty self-explanatory since you hate to read instructions. I got mine from Buelltooth.com"

lowkey:
    "You have a way to clear codes so you have a way to turn it off. Using ecmspy - go to diagnostic tab, on right side is the check box to turn it off, then you need to burn that change to the ECM IIRC."

You got it Cooter !

Under your and John's recommendations, I'm waiting for AZ to make a Bluetooth for me, I already have the droids. Hopefully my neighbor can teach me the rest, he's pretty good when it comes to computer stuff. I'm like you, keep it simple !

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Wow, so touchy, was it something I said ? please don't use the term derail, when it comes to me. I'm just kidding ! I understand that you don't want to deal with the ignorant, it's too much to teach and for some, too much to learn, I'll do my best to try and stay out of it, I promise !
    You misunderstand, I was talking about the conversation I struck up with Cooter and that I was moving it onto a new thread is all. What is it you would like to know?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast