Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which brake pads to take for ZTL2 ?

Which brake pads to take for ZTL2 ?

Hi everyone.

I would like to buy some new brake pads for my Buell. Not that I need them but I would like to have some spare one, just in case.
    I was wondering which to take for road use only. I was concidering the Braking 939CM55 (60€ I don't know if this price is for 2 or 4 pads, I asked the seller, we'll see) or the Brembo 07HD19SA (68.90€ this price is for 4 pads). But, well, is there any other brand I should concider ? Those are the only 2 I found that would fit ZTL2.
    Any idea ?
    Thanks !

FA454/4HH. Ebc sintered pads. It’s what I use and they work perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    FA454/4HH. Ebc sintered pads. It’s what I use and they work perfectly
    If you like those give the EBC EPFA454/4HH a try next time. I think they have a lot better initial bite without being too crazy. Either way EBC has been the best with brake dust and noise. https://ebcbrakes.com/product/extreme-pro-brake-pads/

People used to swear by the lyndall gold pads and I couldnt stand them. I have also tried hawk hh rated pads and they are not bad but not as good as ebc. Whatever you get just be sure to stick with a pad that has a HH rating. That is the friction rating of the pad.
    Last edited by konarider94; 04-14-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Mite check those out next time. Ebr front master cylinder takes the Ztl2 to a different level.

Kona, Thats really good info about the EBC Extreme performance pads. I've been looking for exactly that (a little more initial bite. I'll try them out

And Mike, thats funny right?? I converted my bike to ZTL2 and a 19mm Buell master and liked it a TON. I got a 19mm radial EBR master thinking it would be about the same, and surprisingly it is way better and for the life of me I would have never guessed that being the same bore.

What Buell had a non radial 19mm master?

I though it was 1/2 inch master for ztl, 5/8 for ztl2, and 3/4 for radial ebr

From what I know (which aint much, lol), there was only 2 Buell OE masters. All the Buells with the ZTL2 had a 19mm master. Pretty much '08-up except the City-X that still had the 1/2" with the ZTL like all the '03-'08 bikes (IIRC).

The only 5/8" (17mm) I ever heard of, used to be sold as an 'upgrade' from ASB. But IMO, you'd just get a stiffer lever.

The EBR radial is 19mm also for it's ZTL2 but I've never bothered to calculate lever ratios. Maybe thats the difference?

I have a complete ZTL-2 set-up from an '09, I'll go look at the master today. The size should be cast into the housing.

Heh heh.... he said “stiffer”

Heh heh heh. Hey Beavis!

I looked in my Buell parts bin and I only have the 1/2" bore non-radial with ZTL, and a ZTL2 with a couple radial EBR 19mm masters. I don't know where the old Buell ZTL2 non-radial master went that I had on Stella? I'm still really sure it was 19mm also, but no pics

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast