Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Intake Seals for Ulysses

James Intake Seals for Ulysses

Hey Everyone, Im about to fit new intake seals to my Uly. I broke the throttle body shaft so the intake had to come off to fix it so will do the seals at the same time. I have done them a couple of times before but the originals can be a bit hit and miss. Can someone confirm the correct James Blue seal number for a Buell XB12. I have a set coming from St Paul Harley but they were sent back in April so I suspect they have been lost with Covid lockdown. They quote #26995-97-X but I have also seen #26995-87B. Whats correct. Cheers, Stu
    Last edited by Mito; 06-27-2020 at 10:25 AM.

26995-97-X is a specific JAMES part number assigned to their own set of "blue" manifold seals
    26995-87B is non-existent H-D part number. if it had ever been assigned to any "intake/air series" parts listing...it was historically and permanently deleted.

86A and 86B are the factory H-D designated part number groupings for all XB/XL seals.

NOS-OEM-Harley-Davidson-Intake-Manifold-Seal-P-N.jpg

are they really blue. I've ordered them twice and neither pair were 'blue'.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    are they really blue. I've ordered them twice and neither pair were 'blue'.
    The ones I have bought were blue. They were the ones with the lip around the bottom.

https://www.denniskirk.com/genuine-j...QaAqIeEALw_wcB

Did you buy your seals from lunatic fringe? I believe all the seals are blue, but when they arrive at his shop, they slowly turn black, to match the evil in his soul, like the Chuck Norris Sith Lord that he is. He is probably sitting on a beach in Florida, soaking up the sun and drinking some froo froo drink made from the tears of children. Damn, I miss that guy.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 06-27-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Hey Barrett, thanks for that. I did get the 87B bit wrong. It was supposed to be 86B. Time for new glasses. Cheers, Stu

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    The ones I have bought were blue. They were the ones with the lip around the bottom.

https://www.denniskirk.com/genuine-j...QaAqIeEALw_wcB

Did you buy your seals from lunatic fringe? I believe all the seals are blue, but when they arrive at his shop, they slowly turn black, to match the evil in his soul, like the Chuck Norris Sith Lord that he is. He is probably sitting on a beach in Florida, soaking up the sun and drinking some froo froo drink made from the tears of children. Damn, I miss that guy.
    Get them in the right light and I see blue. Not the blue I was expecting though. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    Get them in the right light and I see blue. Not the blue I was expecting though. Thanks

The ones I’ve purchased in the past have been distinctly blue. Just like that pic in the Dennis Kirk link.

There a different blue than the pair I have then. I've been swindled.

What was the source?

Unknown-1.jpeg

They are only legit if they are "Action pants" blue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast