Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downloading .xpr file to Kindle Fire HD10

You bought the Buelltooth from Cole Houser? From the couple of times I talked to him on the phone he was quite willing to help. After scratching your head for a bit more and doing some more research on the forums, shoot him an email if you can't figure it out. It took me a while to figure it out, but I got there.

I've only done this once, so I"m no expert, but I can say that after matching up the correct ECM program with my muffler my bike ran great. Smooth acceleration with no decal pop. Runs great. Good luck.

If it runs great now, why mess with it

Use ECMDroid to see what the ECM is doing and it will tell you if the bike is running well before you put in some free map you found and have to start a thread named "HELLP!!..."

Besides, ECMDroid is much more accurate than your butt-dyno will ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    If it runs great now, why mess with it

Use ECMDroid to see what the ECM is doing and it will tell you if the bike is running well before you put in some free map you found and have to start a thread named "HELLP!!..."

Besides, ECMDroid is much more accurate than your butt-dyno will ever be.
    Good call, thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jl551c View Post
    You bought the Buelltooth from Cole Houser? From the couple of times I talked to him on the phone he was quite willing to help. After scratching your head for a bit more and doing some more research on the forums, shoot him an email if you can't figure it out. It took me a while to figure it out, but I got there.

I've only done this once, so I"m no expert, but I can say that after matching up the correct ECM program with my muffler my bike ran great. Smooth acceleration with no decal pop. Runs great. Good luck.
    I don't think Cole is selling these anymore. He doesnt hang out here much from what I can tell, but last I knew he was active on the BuellXB.com Facebook page. He's a good dude.

Sounds like your kindle device or email app won't allow the .xpr file to be downloaded correct? On the kindle device using a file explorer app you can navigate to the EEPROM folder on internal storage? Do you see a the .xpr EEPROM file that can be saved through ECMDroid in this folder? Plug the kindle into a computer and use Android file transfer or equivalent on PC or MAC computer, the kindle will show up just like an external hard drive, from here have the .xpr file downloaded on the computer and place it into that same folder mentioned above. Go and connect to the bike through ECMDroid and make sure in the settings you have the box checked for burning to the ECM enabled then back on EEPROM tab navigate to the EEPROM you placed in that folder... also make sure the file name starts with your ECM's ID (example: BUEIB). Let us know if this worked for you and good luck!

!!!Also if the EEPROM file you are trying to burn does not match the ECMID of your ECM, do not attempt or change the ID, the file sizes are different and will not work!!!

Last edited by lowkey; 05-30-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12