Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best way to turn off the seat heater?

What is the best way to turn off the seat heater?

Whew! Once the fan starts to run my seat gets WARM. Is there anything I can do to help with that? I’ve been looking for a right side cooling duct but the only one I can find is carbon fiber.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    Whew! Once the fan starts to run my seat gets WARM. Is there anything I can do to help with that? I’ve been looking for a right side cooling duct but the only one I can find is carbon fiber.

I’ve been looking for a right side cooling duct but the only one I can find is carbon fiber.

THREE distinct OEM part numbers for the total quantity of FIVE parts that comprise the factory issued oversized right side "comfort kit" style scoop assembly. ALL numbers still active and available.

Are these the part numbers you're referring to:

(1) M0852.7AA
    (1) M0851.7AA
    (3) AN1005-3FSS

Adding the RSS or the whole Uly "comfort kit" will help. Adding some underhood heat shield from DynaMat to the bottom of the seat will help too. The cheaper off-shore stuff isn't worth a damn.
    IME, it's usually your inner thigh thats getting roasted from the fan vent being right there under the seat. Do NOT block it, but re routing can be OK.

I might try the heat shield stuff as it is the seat itself getting too warm that is causing the most discomfort. I'm currently using the lower seat & wondered if that made a difference.

Resized_20210502_194900.jpg

I have some heat shield / sound deadener I bought for the beetle that I might try since I have it. I've also thought about sticking the stock seat back on it to see if I notice a difference.

The local "ex-Buell" HD dealer ordered the inside and outside scoop parts. Should be here in 7 days. The screws are obsolete so I'll see what I can find at McMaster. It looks like they are a 10-32 X 5/8" BHCS

I searched St Paul HD first as I figured they would have the duct parts on their parts page but nothing showed up on the search. I guess I just assumed if ST Paul didn't list it no one else would either. Poor assumption on my part.

The screws are NOT obsolete but quantities are below system norms so your dealer probably received a NLA notice upon order attempt. Substitute as follows:

AN1005.3FSS----Quantity 3
    Substitute is Button Allen head in standard or stainless----C10-32 X 5/8"---Quantity 3

My right side duct parts finally came in. I'll stick them on this weekend. I'm hoping for some improvement as the reflective tape just delayed the seat heating for a while.

Last week my son & I took a 300 mile loop. I knew I wouldn't be able to stand it with the low seat so I put the stock seat back on it. That definitely helped, but the last hour or so was still not very fun. Still had a great time.

IMG_1254.jpg

It looks like the Skyline seats are still available from HD and/or VPI. These are a lot more comfortable than the low seat.
    N0025.1AJYW
    M0090.1AC

I installed the right side scoop this weekend. After reading about the XB12X comfort kit I decided to try to block the air from coming up under the seat. I'm not sure how this will hold up as everything was locally sourced (what I could find laying around in the barn).

IMG_1272.jpg

I found some type of rubber sheet. I can't remember what it was from.

IMG_1273.jpg

I figured it wouldn't hurt to put some tape to reflect a little heat on the fan side.

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

Now I just need a day without rain so I can give it a try.

"It looks like the Skyline seats are still available from HD and/or VPI. These are a lot more comfortable than the low seat.
    N0025.1AJYW
    M0090.1AC"

It looks like the taller seat I have is a M0090.1AJ. How do these compare to that one?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast