Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hellfire 3.0 exhaust sneak peek!

New Hellfire 3.0 exhaust sneak peek!

After visiting the LF Heavy Industries laboratory outside of Leola, PA, I was entrusted to a pre-production version of the latest Hellfire exhaust system. I’ll probably get a cease and desist and a mean phone call from an attorney later, but for now enjoy the latest version of the Hellfire. Note the expansion chamber after the collector with some interesting patented tech going on for next level exhaust scavenging. In simple terms it is an advanced version of a bell siphon optimized for exhaust scavenging. Also note the entire system is made from a corrosion resistant 321 stainless steel, prominently used material for extreme high heat and stress applications. This steel is rich in chromium and nickel and stabilized by 0.3-0.7% of titanium.

The interesting part is that the new chamber/scavenging design begins to make the engine feel like a diesel that has “run away” (Google it). As this happens, shock waves are produced and can lead to premature cracking and ultimately a failure, hence the need for specialized materials.

Since the CEO was out on a vacation hunting trip I was able to leave without signing an NDA. I’ll try to get the dyno results posted as well, they’re incredible!

Enjoy the pics!

63BA0E1C-6BD1-4126-82FF-AFAA7075E127.jpeg

5BA2690E-F0B4-41F5-A0FE-7BFBC6AE6044.jpeg

1CF82D39-B433-4AB9-9A2D-3A91042138F3.jpeg

1F96742D-EA22-4A01-9871-CBC076BAC1FB.jpeg

Ouch

Also featuring “Millenial Plus” O2 sensor positioning, for those who think the O2 sensor is too much of a pain to replace. It’s looks simple and straight forward, but lots of time was spent by the head engineer on various configurations to get it just right.

Luckily he lives in his mom’s basement and doesn’t have a life.

ECB614A1-53BC-4A3B-9331-3CA0623B87BE.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    After visiting the LF Heavy Industries laboratory outside of Leola, PA, I was entrusted to a pre-production version of the latest Hellfire exhaust system. I’ll probably get a cease and desist and a mean phone call from an attorney later, but for now enjoy the latest version of the Hellfire. Note the expansion chamber after the collector with some interesting patented tech going on for next level exhaust scavenging. In simple terms it is an advanced version of a bell siphon optimized for exhaust scavenging. Also note the entire system is made from a corrosion resistant 321 stainless steel, prominently used material for extreme high heat and stress applications. This steel is rich in chromium and nickel and stabilized by 0.3-0.7% of titanium.

The interesting part is that the new chamber/scavenging design begins to make the engine feel like a diesel that has “run away” (Google it). As this happens, shock waves are produced and can lead to premature cracking and ultimately a failure, hence the need for specialized materials.

Since the CEO was out on a vacation hunting trip I was able to leave without signing an NDA. I’ll try to get the dyno results posted as well, they’re incredible!

Enjoy the pics!

1CF82D39-B433-4AB9-9A2D-3A91042138F3.jpeg
    Hey! That's one of those new valve-less valves!

Sorry about the small graph size, but I had to sneak it out of the office past security. This is secret and must not be shared!!!!!

LF.jpg

Looking closely, the HF3 has bested the stock exhaust almost right off idle. The only thing that held this exhaust back from making power was the engine itself. I dont know what they are doing over there, but its pretty intense.

Here is a video of a runaway diesel. Note that the motor is still running harder even after it bursts into flames. This is what Hellfire performance is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUJrurvjYtg
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 10-25-2021 at 11:00 PM.

sorry about the small graph size, but i had to sneak it out of the office past security. This is secret and must not be shared!!!!!

LF.jpg

looking closely, the hf3 has bested the stock exhaust almost right off idle. The only thing that held this exhaust back from making power was the engine itself. I dont know what they are doing over there, but its pretty intense.

Here is a video of a runaway diesel. Note that the motor is still running harder even after it bursts into flames. This is what hellfire performance is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rujrurvjytg
    holy moly.

maybe i dont know how to read a graph any more but it looks like your xb is making 175hp? are you joking? i get that you jest in your post but before i enlarged the dyno graph i assumed it was real. how is the volume of this exhaust compared to an open header?

Its just the scaling is a little off due to resizing the photo on my phone. The power comes from the HellFire patented "expansion chamber" which increases scavenging and almost completely eliminates reversion. In the pics, you can see after the collector how the OD of the pipes increases then decreases before the exhaust exits. There is no sounds baffling in that area, and even if it was, it would be blown or burned out by the amount of power and heat created in this area. This pipe is loud, as it was designed around the "Neighborhater" ethos. Marketing BS aside, the sound it amplified by the increasing section of the pipe (like a megaphone) and then forced out through the smaller section and at a much higher velocity through Bernoulli's principle (aka venturi effect). You can read more about it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect

This pipe is not even race legal, and probably should not be around churches or strip clubs. You have been warned.

Its just the scaling is a little off due to resizing the photo on my phone. The power comes from the HellFire patented "expansion chamber" which increases scavenging and almost completely eliminates reversion. In the pics, you can see after the collector how the OD of the pipes increases then decreases before the exhaust exits. There is no sounds baffling in that area, and even if it was, it would be blown or burned out by the amount of power and heat created in this area. This pipe is loud, as it was designed around the "Neighborhater" ethos. Marketing BS aside, the sound it amplified by the increasing section of the pipe (like a megaphone) and then forced out through the smaller section and at a much higher velocity through Bernoulli's principle (aka venturi effect). You can read more about it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect

This pipe is not even race legal, and probably should not be around churches or strip clubs. You have been warned.
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    Sounds perfect.
    LF Heavy Industries has always put out top quality products. Especially after they moved the facility out of California.

These have been a long standing favorite. I have tried to order these several times through the Leola, PA headquarters, but all I ever get is my money back with a stern handwritten note that simply says "No".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast